Getting Ready to Roll at a Party on MDMA? Read This First
When it’s party time, you’ll find Ecstasy, Molly, X or Candy, around the corner. Yeah, MDMA is everywhere. At almost every party you attend, you will find youngsters rolling and dancing to the music. It is true that the use of this love drug has become quite common; however, not a lot of people know how to stay safe.
We want to give you all the tools and information you need to enjoy a great night out without having to worry about the toxicity and side effects associated with MDMA.
Listen up and listen good.
Table of contents
- 1 So, What Exactly is MDMA?
- 2 What Does MDMA Feel Like And What Are The Effects?
- 3 What Is The Right Dosage?
- 4 What Supplements to Take and Why?
- 5 Are you an idiot? No? Good… Test Your Stuff!
- 6 Avoid Mixing MDMA With:
- 7 Here’s to Some Good Time
So, What Exactly is MDMA?
MDMA is the popular name for 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine. Ecstasy, a highly popular version of MDMA is an illegal drug obtained from a non-natural substance. It is a psychoactive drug consumed for its euphoric effects. Ecstasy is popular because users enjoy the feeling of euphoria they experience after taking this drug.
If you are keen on taking MDMA, here are a few things to keep in mind.
- Make sure that there is an interval of at least 3 months between rolls.
- Don’t have more than one roll a month.
- Ideally, you should have a gap of 3 months between rolls. This will reduce side effects and help you recover faster.
MDMA And Molly Are Not The Same Thing – And Neither Is Ecstacy
MDMA is essentially the name of a compound that people enjoy taking, it is often described as Molly or Ecstasy.
Molly is the street nickname for MDMA (3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine). Usually Molly is sold in gelatin capsules that consist in highly fragmented (crushed) MDMA crystals in powder form, drug dealers tend to do this because it dissolves quicker in the liquids, while big crystals tend to stick to bottom of the glass.
Pressed pills contain in theory the same substance, MDMA, but this is not a general rule, some pills may have other adulterants added to them like: caffeine, amphetamines or other related substances, or in worst cases no MDMA at all. There are a lot of substances that mimic the effects of MDMA, and some are vey dangerous like PMMA.
Just for a short recap:
Molly: Molly is the nickname used for MDMA when it is in the powdered form.
MDMA: The actual chemical compound and this is what users want to get when they buy Molly or Ecstasy. MDMA is an illegal drug and as such it is not widely available.
Ecstasy: The name is used to refer to pills that may contain MDMA. Ecstasy pills may contain amphetamines and some other stimulants that provide an extra high. However, these mixtures can be dangerous.
Keep in mind, just because the dealer says that it is Molly, it does not have to be pure MDMA, and you should always test your stuff, no matter if they are capsules or pills. These days a lot of drug dealers sell dangerous bath salts as MDMA.
But Is it Safe?
Let’s put it this way – Is it safer than cigarettes or alcohol? Yes.
Source: Nutt, David J, et al., “Drug Harms in the UK: A Multicriteria Decision Analysis.” The Lancet 376, no. 9752 (2010): 1558-65.
Is it safer than drinking hot cocoa on the bed while reading Twilight? No.
It’s difficult to put a safety label on things that way.
Yes, every year, at least a few people die from MDMA use. However, in most cases, the victims had done something unwise that caused their death. For example, some of them took massive overdoses. Some mixed drugs; some tried to drive while there were on a high. Dancing for hours at a hot club after taking MDMA can cause a heat stroke and death. If are taking MDMA, you must also take some simple precautions to reduce your chances of suffering serious side effects.
This is why we’re here. We want you to be safe!
All drugs cause some damage – even your over-the-counter pain medicines. MDMA is no different. It is not safe or good, but in moderate doses, it is unlikely to cause any major damage to your body.
When you compare two drugs, it is impossible to say that one is bad and the other is good, but some drugs are definitely worse than the others. MDMA is safer than many other drugs if you take it in small doses. But if you don’t do it right, MDMA can be lethal. It is quite possible that the Molly you take is not pure MDMA. If you take the necessary precautions, you can use MDMA every few months without suffering any major side effects.
What Does MDMA Feel Like And What Are The Effects?
Also, will MDMA make me a love machine? (Yeah, some people ask that).
Fact: Depending on your body weight, a light dose might have none or close to none effects on a 220 pounds (100 kg) person, especially if that person is a user with drug tolerance , and in the same time it shake up pretty hard a 100 pounds (45 kg) person. You can hear feedback ranging from “nothing happened” to “i was rolling so hard i had hallucinations”, this is why dosage is very important!
The Positive Effects:
- Mild to extreme mood lift, euphoria
- Increased willingness to communicate
- Increase in energy (stimulation)
- Ego softening
- Decreased fear, anxiety, and insecurities
- Feelings of comfort, belonging, and closeness to others
- Feelings of love and empathy
- Forgiveness of self and others
- A sense of inner peace and acceptance of self, others, and the world
- Increased awareness & appreciation of music
- Increased awareness of senses (taste, smell, touch, hearing, vision)
- Increased tactile sensation (pleasure from the sense of touch and being touched)
- Life-changing spiritual experiences
- Sensations bright and intense
- Urge to hug and kiss people
- Analgesia, anti-nocioception, decreased pain perception
The Side Effects:
Since it’s a drug (and a popular one at that), it does have some side effects. Make sure you don’t worry when you feel:
- Overwhelmed (MDMA can overwhelm you. This is not something you should worry about. Just let the substance take over you.)
- Difficulty urinating
- Jaw clenching
- Eye wiggles
- Increase in body temperature, hyperthermia, dehydration
- Difficulty concentrating
- Short-term memory scramble or loss
- Erectile disfunction and difficulty reaching orgasm
- Mild depression and fatigue for up to a week
- Sadness on coming down, sense of loss or immediate nostalgia
- Nausea and vomiting
- Increase in body temperature
Regarding having sex on MDMA, users might feel increased physical sensations, but the vast majority of males have a difficulty in achieving erection due to the increased serotonin levels. Also reaching organsm is harder than usual.
When Will It Kick In? And How Long Will It Last?
If you take MDMA orally, you will notice its effects in 30-45 minutes. Some users may experience the effects in just 20 minutes and then there are others who might not feel anything for 60 minutes. It depends upon a lot of factors like the dosage, your metabolism, and whether you are taking the drug with food. First-time users may take more than an hour to experience its effects because mild anxiety can suppress its effects. A typical mistake that first-timers often commit is to take another dose if nothing happens in 45-60 minutes. Bad decision. This can be dangerous, so don’t do it. Be patient.
As the drug begins to take effect, you might experience a sense of light-headedness and tingling skin. You may also feel chilled or warm.
MDMA also produces some desirable effects. It might make you feel good and energetic. Depending upon the dosage, these effects may last 3 to 5 hours. The high is unlikely to last longer than that. As the effect wears off, you will start feeling tired. You will probably not want to eat anything and experience fatigue for one or two days.
What Is The Right Dosage?
Let’s discuss the most important part – the dosage. It’s best to start with smaller doses. Don’t take more than 100 mg if it is your first time. A small percentage of users are susceptible to heart or liver problems. If you are one of them, avoid MDMA or at least stick to smaller dosages.
Most people: 75-125mg
Small or sensitive people: 60-90mg
Large or less sensitive people: 110-150mg
Strong people: 150-200mg
Heavy people: 200mg+
Guidelines by body weight: 1.54mg/kg or 0.7mg/lb.
Optional Redose: You may take ½ of the first dose, after 2 or 3 hours.
What Are The Overdose Symptoms ?
If MDMA is consumed in high doses, you may experience non-fatal symptoms of overdose. These include:
- Elevated heart rate and body temperature
- Chest pain
- Nausea and vomiting
- Anxiety, panic attacks, agitation, and extreme paranoia
After Taking MDMA:
- Take it easy and give your body a chance to recover
- Rest, drink lots of fluids, and eat well
- Don’t do pills or powders for a few weeks to improve your chances of recovering properly
- You may experience depression or mood swings for a few days. If you are resting and eating well, these side effects are unlikely to last longer than a day. If these symptoms persist, get medical help
- If you experienced a bad time after taking MDMA, post your experience on websites and tell people at your local drug-project. Tell them what drug you consumed and how it felt. They will be able to learn a lot of things from your experience.
Watch For These Warning Signs:
If you are at a party where the use of MDMA is sanctioned, let the paramedics manage everything.
Note: If you feel that something isn’t right, do not hesitate to get help or call an ambulance.
Serotonin Syndrome (excess serotonin): You may experience this problem within minutes. The symptoms include increased heart rate, twitching, shivering, extremely high temperatures and overly sensitive reflexes. Drug interactions can be lethal so be careful with them.
Hyponatremia (electrolyte disturbance): Common symptoms are spasms, cramps, nausea, and vomiting. To get better, take some sports drinks.
Hyperthermia (overheating): Symptoms are hot and dry skin and headaches. Drink plenty of fluids and get rest.
Health Concerns and Risks:
If you have known health problems, you aren’t supposed to take MDMA. This drug isn’t recommended for individuals who:
- Have a pre-existing heart condition – for example, coronary artery blockage
- Serious lung disease/Asthma
- Don’t take MDMA if you can’t engage in mild to moderate physical activity (walking or biking) for a few hours.
- Compromised Immune System: MDMA is like any other drug. It strains your body, especially your immune system. If you are otherwise healthy, this might just mean catching a cold the next day. But if you have a compromised immune system, the side effects of taking MDMA can be dangerous. There are several causes of a suppressed immune system such as AIDS or anti-rejection drugs given to organ transplant patients.
- Diabetes- If you have diabetes and want to use Ecstasy, do so in a controlled environment like home and monitor your blood sugar levels.
- Depression: When it comes to MDMA, depressed and non-depressed people have the same medical risks. However, depressed people are more likely to become addicted to MDMA. MDMA is a highly powerful antidepressant and may provide temporary relief from the symptoms of depression. Unfortunately, MDMA will cause a temporary impact on the serotonin system after use. This will make the depression worse and encourage the person to take another dose. This creates a destructive cycle.
- Pregnancy: MDMA might increase the risk of birth defects in unborn babies. It might also lead to a lower birth weight. Because of these reasons, MDMA isn’t recommended for pregnant women. Lactating women should also avoid its use as traces of MDMA can be found in breast milk.
- Epilepsy: MDMA has caused seizures in some users. If you are already epileptic, your chances of having a seizure are pretty high after taking MDMA.
MDMA Dependence – Can I Get Hooked ?
Ecstasy as a drug addictive, in fact, the more you use it the less effect it has and usually weans people off it as they are no longer getting the effect they are looking for. This is why most users most users take it only once in a while. But, don’t forget, it’s still a drug, and usually is mixed with other stuff, that could get you hooked. According to the medical definition you become a long term user if you take 2 doses of 10mg/kilo/day for 4 or more days. Long term users will eventually become addicted to MDMA, it’s always best to stick to the plan and not overdo it.
Symptoms of Dependence on Ecstasy
Signs of dependence generally crop up after heavy long term use. Surprisingly, withdrawal isn’t a symptom commonly reported in Ecstasy users. The most common symptoms of Ecstasy dependence are:
- Compulsive use of Ecstasy in spite of knowing and experiencing its ill-effects
- Needing a lot of time to fully recover from its effects
- Developing a tolerance to MDMA
- Wasting a lot of time on MDMA use related activities
What Supplements to Take and Why?
If you are taking MDMA, you really need to protect yourself. It is powerful stuff that can cause some serious damage to your body. Ecstasy overdose can damage serotonin receptors and increase neurotoxicity in the brain. Proper supplements will help you protect against these harmful side effects. Get the right nutrition and stay protected. Here are some
Here are some supplements we recommend.
- Drink a lot of water and take supplements: By staying hydrated, you can reduce the severity of many symptoms associated with Ecstasy use. Take 250-500 ml per hour. That said, don’t drink too much water and overhydrate.
- Na-R-ALA: Stabilized Alpha Lipoic Acid: This is a powerful supplement that will mitigate the ill-effects of MDMA to a great extent. ALA is known to prevent neurotoxicity induced by MDMA.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is known for its antioxidant properties. It protects against neurotoxicity and organ toxicity. Best part – it’s water soluble so it’s difficult to overdose on it.
- Grape Seed Extract: This extract has properties that prevent MDMA from converting it into other toxic and harmful chemicals.
- Melatonin: Manages your sleep cycle and continues to protect your body from toxicity.
- EGCG: Helps your body to manage and flush out toxins.
- Magnesium Glycinate: Magnesium Glycinate enables your body to protect itself against excitotoxicity.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine: This supplement works with ALA and reduces strain on the body by protecting against neurotoxicity
- 5-HTP: 5-HTP helps your system restore the depleted serotonin levels.
- CoQ10: This substance has properties that enable it to protect your neurons against excitotoxicity.
When’s the Right Time to Take Supplements?
It is essential to take the right supplements. The intervals at which you take the supplements are very important too. Your supplement kit will have detailed instructions about how to take them and at what intervals.
Anticipation Interval: Six hours before taking the drug
This interval prepares your body for the dosing.
Includes: Grapefruit Juice (1 glass) and Magnesium Glycinate (200 mg)
Pre-game Interval: Two hours before taking ecstasy
This interval complements the previous interval. It uses compounds and antioxidants that protect against toxicity.
Includes: Magnesium Glycinate (200 mg), Na-R-ALA (100 mg), Vitamin-C (1000 mg), ALCAR (500 mg), Grape Seed Extract (100 mg), CoQ10 (100 mg) and EGCG (400 mg)
Gametime Interval: Two hours after taking MDMA
Now that you are experiencing the effects of the roll in full swing, you need heightened protection against toxins. This interval provides that.
Includes: Magnesium Glycinate (200 mg), Na-R-ALA (100 mg), Grape Seed Extract (100 mg), Vitamin-C (1000 mg)
Sunrise Interval: Four hours after taking the dose
This interval is meant for the hopeless party manianc. By taking an extra supplement of Na-R-ALA, you can increase your body’s defense against all night partying and redosing.
Includes: Na-R-ALA (100 mg)
Crash Interval: This should be taken before bedtime
This interval will help you wake up feeling calm and composed. Take it just before you hit the bed.
Includes: Melatonin (5-10 mg)
Aftermath Interval: Need to be taken the 3 nights following dosing
This interval will help your body get back to reality and restore your reduced serotonin levels
Includes: 5-HTP (100 mg), EGCG (400 mg)
Warning: Do not take 5-HTP prior to or on the same day of an MDMA dose. This will lead to a dangerous condition called Serotonin Syndrome. Always pair it with EGCG and wait until the next night.
Are you an idiot? No? Good… Test Your Stuff!
Okay, Ecstasy may contain some substances that you have no idea you are consuming. What sort of substances? Synthetic Cathinones are a common example of these substances. They are commonly found in bath salts.
Researchers have shown that less than half of the pills tested are actually MDMA. So, unless you are crazy, you wouldn’t take this powder without getting it tested.
There is yet another reason to test your stuff and that is to avoid the danger of mixing things unintentionally. Experts can usually tell you how your body will react to one substance. But if you combine one drug with another, you are becoming a drug guinea pig and it is impossible to predict how two substances will react together.
Play it safe – don’t be a guinea pig
How Can You Be Sure That the Stuff You’re Taking is MDMA?
Good question. The answer – test kit.
The only practical solution is to invest in a test kit. Or get the substance from a reliable source. However, the shady dealer round the corner might not always be counted as a reliable source, so be careful. Our advice? Buy a kit.
Before taking the substance, make sure you test it. Just because the dealer says that it is safe, doesn’t make it safe. Here are some popular test kits.
The good news is that test kits are ridiculously cheap!
Avoid Fake Stuff:
Try to obtain MDMA from dark net markets. These markets have a rating system, and are more likely to sell pure stuff.
Test your stuff (eztest.com)
And don’t forget the most important rule: do not buy drugs from strangers, it’s possibly the riskiest mistake you can make, and most probably you will not have fun.
Avoid Mixing MDMA With:
- Amphetamines: It is a bad idea to mix MDMA with amphetamines. You should also avoid mixing it with Cocaine. The MDMA- Cocaine combination could cause death. Besides, when MDMA is mixed with Cocaine, you are unlikely to feel its effects, so what’s the point?
- Alcohol: You could perhaps consume a little alcohol after taking Ecstasy, but you must resist the temptation to get drunk.
- Antidepressants: Don’t take antidepressants before or during rolling. They can cause harm. Also, antidepressants will greatly reduce the positive effects of MDMA. So, again, what’s the point huh? Tobacco smokers will find an urge to smoker more than usual, try as much as you can to avoid this, tobacco does not interact with MDMA, but is not good for your health.
- Don’t consume 5-HTP during rolling: It is extremely beneficial after rolling, but you must not take it during rolling. Take it 12 hours after rolling.
- Also avoid: 2C-T2, 2C-T7, 4-MTA, PMA, Caapi, Syrian Rue, Ayahuasca, DXM, MXE, aMT, Yohimbe and most opioids.
- Avoid taking MDMA with MAOIs.
Here’s to Some Good Time
In the end, it’s all about having a blast. So make sure you’re with your friends and have a good collection of music. We would recommend a strong minty gum and some Vicks Vaporub to increase the fun (Many people simply love the way it feels on their skin and makes them roll even harder). And when it seems to wear off, get some caffeine to keep the ball rolling. Make sure you don’t combine drugs (as mentioned above). Oh and yes, don’t snort it, or you’ll ruin the effect.
Some other things that are awesome:
- Music – the good kind
- Snow cones
- Massages – the slow ones, they’re really good
- Oh, and you – you’re awesome too!
Why Am I Giving You My Two Cents?
Well buddy, I have seen a lot of youngsters who take MDMA. Many of them don’t know that it is possible to reduce the damage by taking some simple precautions and supplements. This site doesn’t want to promote the use of MDMA. It just wants to explain ways to reduce the damage. Drugs can be quite dangerous; natural approaches to life is best, but if you insist on experimenting, get informed, know what you are taking, and use responsibly and safely.
Please share this guide with your friends on Facebook or Twitter!